Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Getting our Christmas on ....


Making it merry , festive and bright ... putting up the decorations and creating my little "scenes" is one of my most favorite parts of the holidays.  I love to get all of our treasures out of storage and have everything up thanksgiving weekend.  You really only get a few weeks a year to enjoy these pretty things so I make sure that we can enjoy them for as long as possible :)

Basically if it sparkles , is white / silver / red , and has to do with snowmen or deer .. it's perfect in my book.  Every year I tend to add a few things to our collection , and working part time at Michael's it is very hard to not indulge in the holiday section ... Target is pretty awesome as well as Pier One.  I think I got a little something from all of them this year.






We have quite a few decorative tealights (the deer cutout above is one of them) and with the lights tuned low and the candles burning it sets off a magical glow all around the room.



I put this little scene together with a couple different items that I bought at Michael's.  I love little wintry scenes underneath cloches so I gathered the wood slice, the glass cloche and the cute little cottage and created my own .  I will definitely be adding to this little collection each year.


This is my Doe from Anthropologie that my boyfriend gave me for birthday last year.  I totally adore her and of course make her all pretty for each season.










Pier One has some of the prettiest ornaments and though I can't afford to decorate our all whole tree with them I bought a few to put into a little arrangement on a silver tray.





One tradition down ... a couple more to go .  We are getting our tree next weekend and we are going to cut it down ourselves like we did last year.  It was so much fun so we are looking forward to doing it again .  And I really need to start on my December Daily!  Though I think I will be doing it a little different this year and I will not be making it very "daily".  I will be documenting the special parts of the month / holiday and putting those pictures in the album so it will be more of a Documenting December album :)

I have my album picked out and most of my supplies so when I have all of those things together I will post here with pictures and hopefully a couple foundation photos as well !

No comments:

Post a Comment