Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Cheap Thrills






"I really don't like bargains " .  Said no artist ever .  And over the past few weeks I have kind of hit the jackpot in that department!  I'm sure it helps that I work at Michael's Arts and Crafts part time so I am in the store once a week and get to see all the cool stuff put on sale / clearance pretty quickly.
The above Heidi Swapp calendar / journal was regularly $12.99 .. I got it on clearance for $4.00 . Here is a peek at the inside.



 I'm not sure if I will leave it the way it is and just alter the pages completely or if I will cut it up and use it in a different way. When I do decide I will be sure to post it on the blog.



Heidi Swapp paper pad, plain tags (which I am going to use as templates to make my own tags out of patterned papers, cardstock, etc) and a pack of 14 colorful themed tags ... all at Joanne's on clearance . The whole shebang was $9.00 ... not bad when the paper pad alone was $6.99 by itself.



Heidi Swapp  mix of ephemera and a pack of acrylic arrows and other embellishments .. on clearance at Michael's .. they were ... only .. $1.99 each.  Crazy.




Heidi Swapp file folder kit which comes with a bunch of cool stuff such as papers, rub-ons, tags , etc.
It was regularly $9.99 .. clearance for $3.99.




The two stamp sets above .. top one from Heidi Grace and the bottom from TPC Studio .. these were at AC Moore.  $5.00 total for both.  It may have been the best deal out of them all.  I just love the funky little houses and windows in the top set.  They will be great for journal pages and I am pretty sure they will end up on tags and cards in my Etsy shoppe in the near future :)




I love almost everything Tim Holtz has ever come out and I don't know how I ever missed this very cool paper pad "Wallflower" .  I am in love with the designs in this pad...so many cool papers.  I was ringing up a customer and she had one in her basket.  When I rang it up and saw the price come up as $5.99  I crossed my fingers that there were more . As soon as I went on my break I went to the scrapbook section and  saw one left ..  I was like a kid in a candy store!


And last but not least .. the mini journals were $.89 for a pack of 2 .. I bought a couple other different designs and plan on altering the covers . The alphabet stickers were $4.99 but I used a 40% coupon and got them for $3.00  which wasn't a huge bargain but I did save a little and I just love the design.


Hopefully with the 3 day weekend coming up I will be playing in my studio for a few hours . If the weather is nice .. saturday and sunday are supposed to be sunny and ion the 80's ... my boyfriend and I are planning on heading back to Peace Valley Park and taking one of the paddleboats for a spin.  We are also going to check out the Lavender Farm which is right across the water...looks perfect for some pretty photos.  6 on Sunday will be back as well .. I already have 4 of the 6 lined up so be sure to check back here !





No comments:

Post a Comment