Monday, September 13, 2010

It's been awhile...

009 


I can't believe I have been away from my blog for so long .. but life has a way of distracting you sometimes from the fun stuff .. from the little things that make you happy .  I have been a busy gal with family, work and taking care of 2 feral cat communities where I work.  Thankfully we have been able to trap/neuter and return many of them - we have also fostered many kittens that had been born in the meantime.  Our cat family is now at 7 and although I would love to have more I think this is our limit .. although fostering will always take place when it is needed.


Due to the hecticness of the past couple years I sadly have not had much time to create art , and my mind and hands are eager to get back into the creative flow .  A piece of awesome news that I have is that I will be attending Artfest 2011 !!!  The last time I was able to partake in this amazing event was back in 2005 .. and I have wanted to go back every year since .  Teesha has already mailed out the registration packets so I am eager to see all the fun stuff and of course which classes I got into.


I am hoping to update on here at least a couple times a week with random thoughts and lots of art .. I already have ideas for my artfest trades so hope to start on those within the next couple weeks !


The picture for today is of the latest litter of kittens that will be going to our vet tomorrow .  Fostering is a bittersweet experience...keeping the wee ones safe, fed and loved until they can be adopted out is rewarding in so many ways and being a part of their lives , if even for a short while is worth every minute.  Although when the time comes to let them go it isn't easy .. your heartstrings get attached and even though you know they will be moving on to a lifelong loving home you still miss them ♥ 



No comments:

Post a Comment