Saturday, September 6, 2014

A little weekend reading


Magazines .. I love them. The feel of them, the gorgeous colors adorning the pages , even the smell. Yes I am one of those people who loves to smell new books / magazines .. it's a must when I get a new book!  I was that weird kid in school who couldn't wait for the first day of school only because it meant getting new textbooks and workbooks ... and yep I flipped thru and smelled each one .. lol
But besides those obvious reasons I also love them because they inspire me in my artwork , in decorating my home and it's just a nice way to relax and enjoy some downtime.

My most recent buys are the three pictured above . The Mollie Makes Blogging issue is a special publication and I couldn't wait for it to be released . It's all about blogging .. of course ... and has so many ideas , helpful hints / techniques for your own blog plus spotlights on professional bloggers and a look into their way of creating their site and content.







I have been reading Somerset Studio for years .. probably the best mixed media publication out there. It is filled with tons of inspiring pieces of artwork by different artists , projects with detailed instructions and photos , and it even comes with good quality heavy cardstock clip art pages that you can rip out and use in your own art / journals.

Country Living is a UK publication and I am so glad that Barnes and Noble carries it.  I love love love this magazine..page after page of articles and beautiful photos on home decorating , crafts, gardens, food , travel, etc.  If you haven't seen this or bought it for yourself yet give it a try .. I bet you will be hooked like me !


Another magazine that I anxiously await the arrival of is The Simple Things .  This is another UK based magazine .. it seems the majority of my favorite Home / Garden publications come from the UK. Again, this has wonderful articles on just about everything and the photos are just gorgeous.

There are a few other magazines that I never miss an issue of but the above selections are definitely my favorites .  Hope they become yours too !

No comments:

Post a Comment