Sunday, June 15, 2014

A Peek into my Studio Space




I have been meaning to take some good photos of my little art space and I got down to it today and did just that !   I share the space with my boyfriend .. he keeps his drum set in here in the front corner.. but the rest of the space is mine.  I have a desk for my computer that sits in front of my beloved bookcase storage from Ikea but I didn't want to bore you with pictures of that :)

So .. the top photo is my main workspace .. yes that desk is also from Ikea . You will see that most of my furniture and storage pieces are from either Ikea , Michael's arts and crafts or Target ... three of the best places on earth :)  I do think I could spend hours in them , especially Target. I swear it's like a vortex of awesome that just sucks you in .. keeps you there for an unknown amount of time .. and thrusts you back out into the world with many more bags than you planned on having . Yes I do believe there is such a thing as an addiction to Target ..lol .

I keep my most used items, which I will showcase in individual photos below, on this workspace . They are within easy reach and they don't take up too much room.  I love the fact that this desk has cute little shelving on each side . I keep my Sizzix and a few other things on them for easy reach as well.



I store alot of my little embellishments and such in this Tim Holtz alterable drawer. Sequins, wood veneers, resin pieces, enamel dots, etc . It  really is perfect for the little things and keeps it easy to get to them and to see exactly what you have.




These two pretty buckets are from Michaels arts and crafts .. I keep my Dylusions sprays in one and my punches and heat gun in the other.



I saw this unfinished (not sure I will finish it or not..maybe a little paint or some colorful paper to brighten it up) at Michael's arts and crafts. I though it was perfect for my scissors, pens, pencils, brushes and things of that nature.


This cute little metal basket holds my inks pads and my Mr. Huey's watercolors. It came from an antiques dealer at a craft show in my area.  Isabella Sparrow attends the Clover Market frequently and has her own storefront which I have not had the pleasure to visit yet but I plan on doing that in the near future !  She finds the coolest stuff!





Of course I had to have the aqua colored cart from Ikea as soon as it came out .. I did have to wait a little bit since it was out of stock for a bit but I finally got one in my little hands and have adored it ever since. Seriously, just perfect .. fits quite a bit on it's 3 shelves AND you can wheel it around. Awesomeness. Yep.



The top shelf holds baskets and little bowls (from Target of course) that hold my paper pads, sticker and embellishment sheets , gelatos, tiny matkers and flair.


The middle shelf holds more baskets ..from Target.. that hold all of my acrylic paints and alphas/thickers. The bottom shelf is a little empty at the moment but I am sure something will find its way on it soon.


My bookshelf storage .. which I am sooooo happy I bought when I did since Ikea discountinued it . Such a sad day .. it was probably one of their most popular items.




This pretty basket .. from Michaels .. hold my tissue papers from Hazel and Ruby and Tim Holtz.




This 3 box set also came from Michael's and holds my metal dies, Martha Stewart glitters and my letterpress stuff.



My collection of The Simple Things magazine.. totally one of my favorite publications . A little pricey but it's well worth it. If you haven't checked it out you should!  Just the color of the spines make me swoon :)



My paper mache 3 drawer organizer from Michael's hold alot of my paper items . It's lightweight and I just pick it up and take it to my workspace whenever I am creating a page.






Another basket from Michael's that holds my twine and washi.




This section keeps my paisly organizer that houses some of my stamps , a little bowl for smaller stamp sets and the binder holds the rest of my stamp sets . mostly from Studio Calico.
The mini crates are from Michael's and I keep my journal cards from Simple Stories in one of them.  The other two are awaiting to be filled.




Some of my mini albums that are finished.



Orgaziners from Michael's .. they hold my Becky Higgins and Studio Calico Project Life cards.



And last but not least ... my drawer orgaziner from .. where else.. Ikea.  Another great piece and it's on wheels so it can be moved around to wherever you are working which is a bonus.



Here are my art journal supplies .. collage sheets , journals in progress , etc.



A drawer dedicated to Halloween .. because it is the most awesome holiday of the year . It has always been my favorite .. and yes I am a huge horror movie fan :)



Another drawer holds my wood stamps and my stencils



This drawer houses my 12 X 12 and scrap paper , along with my large sheets of stickers .




And the last drawer is everything that is Christmas.  I have done the December Daily album the past couple years and hope to again this year. This drawer will be busting at the seams in a few months I'm sure !


There you have it .. my little creative space.  Hope you enjoyed my little tour and maybe it gave you some ideas for you space as well !

No comments:

Post a Comment