Tuesday, September 20, 2011

It's that time again...

It's only September , I know , but I am already in the Halloween mode !  It seriously is my favorite time of the year .. and the best holiday . Scary movies , carving pumpkins, decorating the house and creating our own little Graveyard of horrors on the front lawn ,  making up treat bags for the costumed cuties that come to our door .. it doesn't get any better than this !  (Although Christmas is a very close second :)

This banner is the first of many Halloween goodies that I hope to create.. and my art desk is a horror all in itself at the moment with ghoulish goblin goodness abounding on it  .. but these are the times that really get the creativeness flowing around and it feels pretty awesome !

I used a plethora of different scrapbook papers for this banner along with the bottoms of cupcake liners and Halloween themed twine from Doodlebug.. I like it so much I may need more !  Every year when the scrapbook companies put out their new paper collections I usually need to have ... them all !  Pink Paislee and Echo Park were definitely my two favorite picks this year and I will be using them in future projects this season.







Sorry for the slight shadow in the pictures .. I can never seem to keep those out .  One of these days I am going to take a photography class and get a new camera .. I have wanted a Canon Rebel for a long time.


And here are some fun peeks of my desk ... ideas in progress ...




  And now ... I have had another kind of idea brewing about in my brain and I hope many of you will play along !  Since Halloween is my favorite holiday (and I am sure many of you share in that feeling!) I believe you can never have enough goodies to admire and/or decorate with sooooooo....how about a Haunted Halloween Mail Art Exchange !  Handcrafted treats (no tricks !)  in your mailbox .. fun stuff!!

It can be whatever you want to create .. a mini book, an ATC , a collage , painting, drawing, whatever your favorite media is and center it around a Halloween theme and  I will send you a handcrafted treat in return !
If you want to play along just leave a comment and we can exchange addresses .. let's play!

1 comment:

  1. Ok, I'm game to at least try this; sounds like fun and I love Halloween.

    - Sonya
    http://www.allthingssonya.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete