Sunday, July 17, 2011

Midsummer's thoughts..

We had a somewhat laid back weekend ..just the way we like it ..some errands with a little fun mixed in . We had dinner at an amazing hibachi restaurant , I can't help but always be amazed when the hibachi chef performs some "tricks" with an egg such as throwing it up in the air and catching it in his chef's hat. It must be the child that is still inside of me that makes me giggle .  Afterwards we were off to see the final Harry Potter , which I won't spoil for anyone, but had me entranced thru every minute of it.  It has definitely been a favorite series of mine..although I have never read the books !  Maybe now would be a good time to begin that part of the adventure.  It made me a little sad to see the end of something that has been a part of my life for the past 8 years .. and what was such a huge part of my daughter's life . She was just a wee one when The Chamber of Secrets came out and she asked us over and over again .. every night .. for months if she could watch it. She basically fell asleep to that movie for quite sometime .. I believe I could even recite their lines after awhile .


And then I started thinking about how quickly she has grown and that she is more interested in hanging out with her friends than seeing the latest Harry Potter movie ... something she was once so in enamoured by has been replaced . 


I was going through some old scrapbooks and happened upon one of my favorite .. yet simple .. little books I made for our daughter when she was just a baby.  It made me want to throw open all of my drawers and get to creating some new pages .. I have so many pictures I need to print out and create books with .. the thought of it tends to be a bit overwhelming but it will get done !


I hope you enjoy some of the pages that I wanted to share with you here :


 


002 
003 
004 
005 
006 
007 
008 


 


Scrapbooking is actually where my love for mixed media started .. from cutting and cropping pictures  to  designing page layouts and adding embellishments.. to painting , collage , ATC's , and journaling.  I've always loved making things .. even as a kid so it was inevitable .. I just wish I had alot more time to play. If I could be in my art studio for 8 hours a day I would not complain !


Tomorrow I will be getting to work on these pieces...


 


062 


I know they don't look like much now but I will be adding some yummy paint and india ink to them tomorrow .. distressing them a little and then adding  1 inch collaged wood blocks to them . I loved my artfest class with Karen Michel and am finally getting around to making more Wood Collaged Totems !  I will be sharing some pictures as these pieces come to life in the next few days so stay tuned !  



No comments:

Post a Comment