Sunday, December 7, 2008

Holly Days are here ...

 


I have been so busy with decorating, shopping and life in general that I have neglected my blogging duties !   There will be photos aplenty in this post so grab a cup of tea or coffee and enjoy !


 


021 


022 


023 


035


 


027 


024 


 


025 


026 


 


029


030 


 


031 


032


 


034 


You could say I have a bit of an obsession with Snowmen ..I keep adding to my collection each year ..pretty soon I will have a great excuse to move into another house..my country house that I have always dreamed of  ..  never hurts to wish !


 


These are my two front windows which I always have so much fun decorating for the holidays ..


069 


070 


 


 


I got this idea from a recent issue of Cottage Living magazine : these are real branches from the tree in our front yard , they are painted white and then plaved in a vase with the clear/snowy pebbles, a decorative berry sprig from Michael's and some decorative icicles  and tiny sparkly silver and gold glass ornaments. I really like how it turned out !  I wish the pictures could have been more clear ..


 


065 


 


062 


064 


 


I was also busy getting my Snowman's swap box ready and mailed - I hope my partner Angela enjoys her goodies :)  Here is a little sneak peek of what she will be getting :


A handmade holiday scrapbook - just add pictures and journaling!


013 


014 


some handmade tags for gift giving :


016 


017 


more goodies were put on top of these before the box was sealed up and sent on it's merry way..


018 


 


And I was truly spoiled by Angela with my swap goodies .. I will be sharing those photos in my next post !!


We are going to be getting our tree this Friday and decorating it over the weekend so more holiday goodness will be on my blog ...and we are taking a little trip to NYC next week .. I am so excited to see all the beautiful window displays ..do some shopping in ABC Carpet and Home , Tinsel Trading and a few other awesome stores that are must see's !  I'm also looking forward to a little Dean and Deluca goodness..bakery items and coffee delights ..yummy!  Plus I will be sure to visit a couple of the other neighborhood bakeries to bring some sweet treats home for the big day !  I'm sure that adventure will be full of photos so stay tuned for that as well!


 



No comments:

Post a Comment