Monday, October 20, 2008

Scarecrows, Ravens and Pumpkins, oh my..

We were strolling around Peddlers Village on Sunday after we had a delicious dinner at Hart's Tavern for my b-day and I came across this wonderful display for my favorite store : Artisan's Gallery.


They have the coolest creations by artists who are local and out of state , alot of one of a kind pieces as well.  I adore the primitive style of these little guys ... I really wanted the raven to fly home with me !


002 


003 




004 


Their Scarecrow competition is over but they leave them up for everyone to see until Halloween. I missed this sinister looking creation the last time we were there .. he won 3rd place in the Whirligig style - his name is Hollow Man . The picture does not do him justice ... he really is quite scary.


005 


006


There are many farms in this area and as we passed this one on the way home I had to check out the scarecrows with pumpkin heads that they had adorning the driveway..some really great ideas here!


Dogs and Cats playing poker:


014 




The Jonas Bothers - my daughter loved this one !


008 


My favorite was Jack and Sally , I really need to make these for my front yard  next year..


010 


011 


This farm is absolutely beautiful - I would love to get up every morning and see this from my window ..


009 


And the house itself is something I have always dreamed of owning ... I can picture myself sitting on the porch with a good book and some hot chocolate!


012 




It's always nice to dream isn't it ?



1 comment:

  1. Loved the pix. I can see why you'd want the crow to fly home with you. He's so cute!
    That style home would make for a GREAT haunted mansion.
    Happy nightmares,
    Daydreamer :)

    ReplyDelete