Friday, November 30, 2007

Wish I had a river ....

Tis the season, although I am not so much in the holiday mood this year. I have lost 2 very dear and loved members of my family in the past 1 1/2 years-my grandmother and my little buddy boy Peanut (chihuman -half chihuahua, half human as he was lovingly referred to as)  So this season of joy and merriment is not so merry for me this year. It makes my heart heavy with sadness , I miss them so much it really does hurt.  Holidays are hard when you have lost those you love , memories of past holidays are what you have to cling to.  I'm sorry to be such a downer, I try to keep this a happy place, but as in life not every day can be a good one.  Life is a trip, a journey of sorts that is filled with good and bad, and sometimes it really does feel like the bad outweighs the good. 



To those of you who have lost those you love, to those who feel that there are more bad days than good - we can take comfort in knowing we are not alone in these trying times....





I have posted one of my favorite songs by a beautiful soul- Sarah McLaughlin performing a cover of The River by Joni Mitchell.  Everytime I hear this song tears come to my eyes- the feelings resonating in these haunting lyrics combined with Sarah's gorgeous voice make my emotions runneth over...she has the most beautiful voice (in my opinion) of any female artist.  I have adored her for years and was lucky enough to see her twice at Lilith Fair . This was a great concert event that she initiated - all the performers were women and it really rocked. I would love the chance to see Sarah alone in concert - that would be an amazing show.



Hope you enjoy the song....



No comments:

Post a Comment