Saturday, August 9, 2014

Key to Craftiness ... Organization !



I have learned over time and from seeing other artist's studios how important it is to be organized in order to get the most out of your creative time.  There are certain supplies that I keep out all the time on my desk and I find that since doing that I of course use them more and .. the best part .. that I actually don't forget that I even have that supply, embellishment, etc.  Every few months I do a little re-organizing and today I did a little craftiness along with the re-organizing .

I bought a set of 4 unfinished wooden boxes from Michael's recently and put them aside because I wasn't sure what I wanted to do with them.  After looking at them for a little bit I realized they would be perfect to store my PL cards !  I picked a few colors of paint..Blick acrylic and FolkArt multisurface are my favorites at the moment.  I do love Golden but I save those precious little bottles for my journal pages.   I painted them all up , arranged my cards . and ... awesomeness happened :)

Studio Calico's PL subscription is my favorite so of course they need their own special box .. yep, they even got their own label along with some Dear Lizzy thickers .





My Becky Higgins kits fit perfectly in 2 of the other boxes .. the labels were created awhile back and I just re-used them for these boxes.






Their previous storage container was large and bulky but had partitions that they fit in nicely .. I just wasn't fond of them because I had to keep them sideways on my Ikea bookshelf.  Now that I am using these cute little boxes they can sit facing towards me .. and they look prettier too :)



So if you are looking for new ways to store your PL supplies go and check these out at Michael's...they were 80% off last week and still should be today . Get them before they are gone!

1 comment: