Monday, October 27, 2008

It's Almost here....

All Hallows Eve is almost upon us ... and thankfully the big day is going to be sunny and 65 degrees.  We have definitely lucked out the past few years with rain and really cold weather on Halloween.


We finally got out pumpkins today and carving will take place on Wednesday night so I will post pictures of those here so you can enjoy them !  We went to a home and garden center over the weekend that has been around for years ... the place is an amazing treasure trove of cool finds so I can't believe I have never visited there before !  They had some great pumpkins to carve but they were $10.00 each so we passed on those and were able to get them from somewhere else much cheaper.


Although we didn't get our pumpkins from there they had some really neat decorations for Halloween and they were 50% off already!!  They were also staring to put out their Christmas things but that will be for another visit - I can't wrap my head around that holiday just yet!  They have a whole section of trees that they decorate in different themes and such - can't wait to go back in a few weeks and check them out.


Here are my little treasures that I came away with - all of these things came to a total of $25.00 !  I was definitely happy with my finds !


This cool cat makes jingly noises if you move him around ..love his face !


002 


These were supposed to be placed inside potted plants but I thought they were cool without a plant!


004 


This was the only one in the shop - it's handpainted and ceramic !When you place a tealight in the back you have cool bat shapes illuminated on your wall!


014 


This one has bat and star shapes that illuminate onto the wall..


015 


Here is an idea of how it looks - I just couldn't capture a good image on film.


017 


Another handpainted ceramic pumpkin - the last one of this design as well!



018 


And....my creepy cuddly little guy, Sam,  that I spoke about in a previous post finally arrived today...I was so excited and couldn't wait to put him in the window!


He's 15 inches tall and quite heavy. 


005 


Don't you just love his stitched up smile ?


006



No comments:

Post a Comment